Friday, April 25, 2008

Alphabetize, avalanche, and gardening

Friday is cleaning day in our house. Ryan and Ethan cleaned their rooms, though I have to hand it to Ethan. His room has pretty much been clean since last week. I managed to get all the laundry washed, hung out, and taken in before night fall. That has to be a record.

I got into the garden today. The seedlings are coming along nicely, so I took the time to move around some plants. The back fence now has a nice row of hosta and pother plants. Ryan thought the I had dug up a row of dirt for him personally. He got a few Rescue Heroes and one of their vehicles and created a scenario in which they were stuck in an avalanche. He informed me that I could take all the dirt I wanted as long as I didn't free said vehicle.

Ethan has found that he can battle and trade Pokemon with his friends while talking to them through the DS all via our wireless internet. In order to do this efficiently, he has to be able to locate his Pokemon quickly and easily. This prompted him to learn first letter alphabetization. Score one for the unschooling concept.

Clean rooms, freshly laundered clothing, rearranged plants, alphabetizing, and an avalanche overcome all make this a good day.

No comments: