Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Scientific Tickling

Ryan came to wake me up one day and tried to get up out of bed immediately by tickling my armpits. He soon found out that I am not ticklish there. He proceeded to check other places to find my "tickliness". I told him that I am not ticklish, but he kept checking. By the time he got to my feet, I found the whole adventure so funny that I was already laughing. Once he touched me feet, I burst into peels of laughter. "That proves it!" he yelled. "Ba has tickliness!"

Next he went to Mimi and tried tickling her armpits. She didn't laugh. He moved all the way down to her feet. By the time he got to her feet she was laughing out loud. "Mimi has tickliness, too!" he cried.

"Who is more ticklish, Ba or Mimi?" she asked him.

"I need to experiment," he answered. He proceeded to tickle each of us until we were laughing so hard we asked him to stop. He could barely breathe himself he was laughing so hard. "Ba can't not laugh, so that proves she has more tickliness than Mimi" was his verdict.

Now he comes in every morning and wakes us up by checking for our tickliness.
Today he decided to see which was more "tickly" tickling with his fingers or blowing raspberries on our feet. "Now hold still," he instructed. "This is very important. If you move you can ruin my whole experiment." He tickled each way. By the time he blew raspberries on the soles of my feet I was laughing and squirming and pulled my feet away. I accidently kicked him. "Hey you kicked me!" he yelled.

"I'm sorry Ryan, but if you tickle my feet I might jerk away."

"Right. OK." He pretended to write on a pad. "Note: Be careful when preforming tickliness experiments."

"You are definately more tickly, Ba. Mimi doesn't kick me."

I guess I am. After all, you can't argue with rigorous scientific testing.

No comments: